Dr. Steve Solomon and Dr. Lorie Teagno have been professional partners, associates and collaborators for over 35 years. Although they have separate private practices, together they offer couples therapy, individual therapy, group therapy, couples group therapy and professional trainings for therapists.
Since the publication of their book “Intimacy After Infidelity” by New Harbinger Publications in November 2006, Steve and Lorie have made numerous appearances on television, radio and in the print media. A few examples are:
Television, Radio & the Internet
“Infidelity: Surviving, Thriving and Co-creating Intimacy Anew in Your Relationship”
Hear Dr. Lorie Teagno present The Relationship Institute’s approach to dealing with the heartbreak and agony of an infidelity, the ways to recover from the hurt, and the how-tos of building a loving, resilient and intimate relationship anew. This August 2012 presentation is moderated by interviewer, Mike Hennessey.
“Two Essential Intimacies”
Hear Dr. Steve Solomon present TRI’s breakthrough findings on how long-term love dies unless nourished by the Three Intimacies. This February 2010 presentation, which focuses mainly on Self Intimacy, is moderated by Drs. Ellyn Bader and Pete Pearson. Listen, and you will learn that you must look within and open yourself back up if you wish to rekindle the love between you and your partner!
“Fidelity: How to create intimate, enduring and sexy monogamy”
Hear Dr. Teagno present The Relationship Institute’s latest work on fidelity. This audio presentation was made to couples who are participants in the Couples Institute tele-education program. Learn how to bring this kind of fidelity and vibrant commitment to your relationship!
Dr. Lorie Teagno & Dr. Steven Solomon appeared on Wealth TV’s “The Boomer Show” with Brian Christie on April, 2007.
- Drs. Teagno & Solomon were interviewed in the San Diego Union Tribune about family secrets.
- Drs. Teagno and Solomon published an article entitled “Couples Therapy For Grown-Ups”.
- A review of Intimacy After Infidelity was printed in the March 2007 issue of San Diego Magazine.
- Dr. Solomon was interviewed for two articles in the run-up to Valentine’s Day 2007 in the San Diego Union Tribune:
“It takes two to nurture couplehood”, San Diego Union Tribune, 2/10/07
“Keeping the home fires burning”, San Diego Union Tribune, 2/10/07
- A feature was also done on him in the March/April 2007 issue of the San Diego Jewish Journal.
- Drs. Teagno and Solomon published two articles in the San Diego Psychological Association Newsletter, the San Diego Psychologist, in the November and December 2006 issues, titled “Couples Therapy for Grown-Ups” and “The Three Types of Infidelity”.
- Over the years Drs. Solomon and Teagno have done numerous training presentations for therapists including February 2007 “An Advanced Course in Assessing Infidelities and Their Treatment” presented to the San Diego Psychological Association and similar advanced training courses presented at the California Psychological Association and University of California Irvine in 2008.
- An on-line course of the TRI approach to marital therapy and Infidelity repair, “Making Up is Hard to Do” Couples Therapy after Infidelity, is available to therapists at www.ContinuingEdCourses.net.
- The clinical handbook entitled “Recovering Intimacy in Love Relationships: A Clinician’s Guide” (Spring, 2009) features two chapters on the TRI Intimacy Therapy approach to healing and recovering from infidelity.
Other articles include:
“I’ve only got (private) eyes for you”, San Diego Union Tribune, 2/14/07
“Dirty laundry: Infidelity in gay relationships”, GLT, 5/10/2007
Additional articles have appeared in Bottom Line Personal (2008), Lifescript.com (2008), and numerous other publications.
Save Your Marriage!
“Courage is not the absence
of fear, but rather
the judgment that
something else is
more important than fear.”